Thursday, January 17, 2013

About Me

About me:

My name is Michelle Michael and I am a senior Finance major graduating in May of 2013 from the best University in the world, Texas A&M University.  I was born and raised in Corpus Christi, Texas which probably explains my love of the beach. 

I come from a family of surfers and I would like to think I can keep up with them on the water.  However, I have grown spoiled over the years and only surf in Corpus when conditions are pristine.  My family does a great deal of traveling and my obsessed dad makes sure we go where the waves are.  We have traveled to Hawaii, Costa Rica, the British Virgin Islands, but our most frequent destination, my home away from home, is a small surf town outside of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico called Punta de Mita. We have a condo there, and consider the locals our friends.  I have been blessed with the opportunity to travel all over the world growing up and it is something that I hope that I am able to do my whole life.  I participated in a study abroad the summer of 2010. I had the opportunity to travel all over Spain when living in Barcelona and also traveled to Paris and Rome!  Paris was by far my favorite but the food in Rome rivaled anything I have ever eaten.  (However my starvation from 4 weeks of unbearable food in Spain may have influenced my fond memories of the true Italian cuisine)!  Art (mostly painting) is one of my favorite past times, as well as having fun with the girls in my sorority Alpha Chi Omega. Oh and did I mention that I LOVE ALL THINGS A&M (and HARRY POTTER)! TexAgs knows how it is!

I am currently enrolled in FINC 371: Real Estate Investment Making and I am really excited to learn the ins and outs of real estate, because I would like to own some pretty impressive real estate someday.  I have recently accepted a job offer from Ryan LLC in Houston where I will be a tax consultant and I could not be more excited and nervous at the same time! I am hoping that I love taxes (which I currently know very little about considering I am a Finance major) and I already know that I will love the company where I would like to become a partner someday!

A few unique facts about myself: I have the guiltiest conscious of anyone I have ever met.  I can't tell a lie without confessing within 3 minutes and if I feel like I did anything remotely wrong I have to tell on myself immediately.  This probably explains why I am so close to my mom. She knows everything!  I have never broken a bone, yet I can't jump without spraining an ankle.  And I firmly believe in taking vitamins.  A weak immune system plagued me until Centrum came into my life!

My bucket list includes salmon fishing in the Yemen, an African safari, a hike through India, to drink legitimate Fiji water, and to go to a Matchbox Twenty concert.  But most importantly I want to start a family to add on to the amazing family I already have!

No comments:

Post a Comment